Find out more about using question tags below:
Question tags explained (click to expand)
Use a question tag…
to ask for agreement:
- Lovely weather, isn’t it?
to check expected information:
- You’re leaving on Friday, aren’t you?
to ask real questions:
- You haven’t seen my wallet, have you?
to make requests:
- You couldn’t give me a hand, could you?
to give orders:
- Shut up, will you?
to make suggestions:
- Let’s have a drink, shall we?
to invite somebody to do something:
- Do have a seat, won’t you?