Not everyone likes the same kind of holiday, which is a good thing, or we’d all be at Disney World or crowded together on the beach. While some people want to look good in their swimming trunksBadehoseswimming trunks and get a great suntanSonnenbräunesuntan, others love experiencing the hustle and bustlegeschäftiges Treiben, Hektikhustle and bustle of a new city, to dress upsich in Schale werfendressing up and going to a fine restaurant, or even staying at home. Why not try our quiz on the different holiday types? What type are you? Then test yourself on essential travel words and phrases.
1. Choose the best holiday option for each personality type.
an all-inclusive holiday – a beach holiday – a city break – a cruise – a staycation (ifml.)Urlaub zuhause, Urlaub in Balkonienstaycation
2. Choosing holiday accommodation: Where shall we stay?
In the Internet age, it’s easy to book your accommodation directly from the owner. Take a look at these listings from a holiday accommodation website. Then answer the questions in the exercice below.
1. Modern two-bed apartment, completely renovated recently. Central location in quiet side street, great transport links, good for sightseeing. Sleeps 2–3 (1 double, 1 single + sofa bed in lounge). disabled accessbehindertengerechter EingangDisabled access and lift. Reserved off-street parkingParkmöglichkeit abseits der Straßeoff-street parking. 120 euros per night.
2. One room for single traveller in family home in the suburbVorortsuburbs. Quiet location. en-suite facility (UK)Schlafzimmer mit eigenem BadEn-suite facilities. TV, broadband, shared use of garden, bike. Meals with family and laundryWäschelaundry available if required. Long- and short-term lets available. Pickup from central station available on request. 37 euros per night.
3. Live on the water! cosygemütlichCosy houseboat near the historic centre. Sleeps two. Shower room. Everything provided, including heating (wood-burning stoveOfenstove), gas for cooking, hot water. bed linenBettwäscheBed linen and towels available at 10 euros pp. Minimum stay three nights. Not suitable for wheelchairRollstuhlwheelchairs. 70 euros per night.
4. Downtown one-bed studio apartment (sleeps two max). Nightlife on your doorstep. Tram stop directly outside front door. Studio is above a cafe — great breakfasts! Wi-Fi. 65 euros per night.
Now try the exercise below.
Neugierig auf mehr?
Dann nutzen Sie die Möglichkeit und stellen Sie sich Ihr optimales Abo ganz nach Ihren Wünschen zusammen.