“The sauna is the poor man’s pharmacy,” a Finnish proverb says. Regular use of a sauna will boostankurbeln, stärkenboost your immune system, to ridbefreienrid your body of toxinGiftstofftoxins, improve your circulationKreislaufcirculation and to cleansereinigencleanse your skin. Further health benefits include relaxation and to relieve stressStress abbauenrelieving stress.
Tips for first-time sauna users
- Remove all clothes and footwear.
- Remove any jewellery, contact lenses or glasses.
- Always shower before entering the sauna.
- Sit or lie on a towel while using the sauna.
- Do not use the sauna on a full stomach.
- Do not use the sauna if you are ill. If in doubt, consult a doctor.
- If you feel faintschwachfaint or unwell, leave the sauna room immediately.
- Keep conversation to a minimum.
- Stay in the sauna for no more than 15 minutes.
- to recoversich erholenRecover for 20 minutes between sauna sessions.
- After each session, cool off in the fresh air.
- Wash off perspiration with cold water before using the plunge pool.
- Enter the plunge pool graduallyallmählichgradually. Do not use it if you have high blood pressure.
- Rest and drink plenty of water before beginning the next sauna cycle.
- Enjoy yourself!
In the sauna: vocabulary
Click the hotspots in the image to discover the vocabulary. You will find a list with translations below.